Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick Question on '72 K20 Trucks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Mar 19, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Quick Question on \'72 K20 Trucks

Hey guys,

I know, technically wrong forum here, but wanted to just get a quick answer(s). My brother is going to look at a 1972 3/4 ton 4x4 tonight for a possible tow vehicle/second vehicle. Any important spots to look over like on our Blazers (frame at steering box, etc)? It appears to be a real creampuff, was totally restored by the previous owner - has 454, TH400, 14 bff rear, HD D44 front, 35s, redone interior, etc,etc...says he has all receipts totalling over 30k!

Just wondering if there were any obvious spots to concentrate on for this era truck? I hope it is nice, it would be a sweet tow rig/cruiser/trail truck!

Thanks

2. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Re: Quick Question on \'72 K20 Trucks

Check the inside of the front fenders to see about cancer that was fixed. Right under the doors is a good spot to check also. Lift the carpet if you can and check the floor in the cab. (Rust hides under there) Body mounts (if they are stock) will be all but gone. The steering box area of the frame usually is ok on the early trucks. I am sure that there is more. Try the first gen forum. There is quite a few truck owners over there as well as K5 owners. L8TR.

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Re: Quick Question on \'72 K20 Trucks

Thanks Keith, I will keep all that in mind. It would be a nice addition to the Big Dawgs stable!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif