Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick question on shimming

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75k5, Feb 24, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I did the drop through the hanger shackle flip, then decided to use a 4 degree shim sooo

just to double check..

I want the thick part of the ship at the rear correct? pointy end at the front???

also do stock springs have a drection front/back to them just double checking everything for the 83 /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You are correct on the shims.

As far as the springs, I have no idea /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

It depends on what your trying to do. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Are you running a CV shaft and trying to point the pinion at the back of the t-case. Then the thick side of the shim needs to point towards the back of the truck.

If your trying to correct the pinion angle from the shackle flip and still using the stock non-cv driveshaft. Then the pinion needs to rotate down and the thick side of the shim needs to point forward. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Mike

4. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

I went from a 10bolt/4" spring to a 14bolt/shackle flip5.5" w/ stock springs. I used a 5degree shim to bring the pinion angle down closer towords horizontal. The shackle flip actually shot my pinion over the tcase prior to shimming. thick part facing front for me.

~Jason