Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by littlejimmythatcould, Mar 8, 2006.

1. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

I have a 1974 jimmy and I have found a 1976 Chevy Scottsdale 3/4 ton pickup with the 4 speed manual tranny and I believe the np205 and dana 44 front and the corp 14 bolt ff rear and the guy wants $600 for the whole truck. Is this a pretty good deal? Because I just want the axles. I'm not sure how easy it will be to sell the rest of the truck parts (tranny and t-case). All the parts work, the motor (he says) is blown. Also if some one could fill me in on what all is involved in replacing my corp 12 bolt rear with the 14 bolt rear. I'm still kind of a newbie to CK5 but I'm loving it already. Thanks for any info you all can give me.

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

If it runs, then probably yes. You can swap axles and sell the truck for what you paid = free axle upgrade.

3. littlejimmythatcould

littlejimmythatcould 1/2 ton status

Do you know if I will need to move the spring perches on the 14 bolt to fit my Jimmy or will it be a direct swap?

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

3/4 ton 14bolt will bolt right in (thats how mine is). But the rear u-joint on the driveshat is different. Napa sells a conversion joint that fits, if you don't want to buy a new driveshaft.