Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick ratio steering box?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mcmlxix, Apr 30, 2003.

1. mcmlxix

mcmlxix Registered Member

My box is leaking so I want to know if there is a quick ratio power steering box. I have a 70 K5 with manual drums that I want to put an 88 K5 disc rear in front. (if it makes a difference)

2. mcmlxix

I did a search ... nothing on quick ratio ... I know they have an option for camaros and chevelles. Any one hear about it for first gen k5 w/ power steering?

Anyone who has swapped a newer motor, can I use the stock PS pump with the 88 TBI 350 that I am swapping in with my existing PS box? Will the hoses mate up?

3. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

PM TheLakeRat and ask him about the quick ratio. I have no idea.

I don't know if a newer pump will bolt up to your mounts because of the difference between short and long water pumps but I suspect it will.

The newer pumps and steering boxes have o-ring fittings insted of the old flare fittings that are on our trucks. You will have to put your old pressure regulator in the new pump.

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    88 K5 disc rear in front

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I"m looking at this wrong but a rear axle will not work in the front.

5. Rusty68

Rusty68 1/2 ton status

A company called AGR makes 2 different boxes for are trucks. 1 is the stock ratio, the other is modified for easy turning at slow speed. I am not sure of the details. I have the stock replacment AGR on my GMC. It feels great and has been hanging there for a year with no leaks yet.

6. mcmlxix

Sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Axle to me means a part of the rear. When I say "rear" I an used to meaning the complete assembly. If I was more specific I probably would have said front rear or rear rear. I guess if I analize it it sounds like an oxymoron.