Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick simple cheap upgrade. Well kind of an upgrade.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cybrfire, Aug 20, 2004.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the mirror from the pick and pull for like 5 bucks or something like that off of a newer chevy. Pretty simple removal as well. The windshield was shattered so I got the button and all with a small tug. Little bit of wire and walla. Set mine up so its only hot when the key is on. Just can't stand the idea of the battery wearing down if somebody forgot to shut it off.

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

That looks awesome, what year did you get it off of? I think I might have to borrow your idea also seeing as there is a lack of lighting in my cockpit at night.

Remington

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah that looks awesome Kert /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

It was a mid to late 90's chevy it came out of. Mine had fallen off at least six months ago. I was wandering through the junkyard and saw it laying there on a busted windshield and thought might as well put that in mine.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Is that a black snake crawling out the top of it? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI just did the same thing. I got mine from and 87 S10 blazer. I saw a 94 s10 blazer that had the same thing too.