Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick steering shaft question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by suntadz, Apr 21, 2007.

1. suntadz

suntadz 1/2 ton status

i was replacing my stering shaft with one of those ujoint types. My problem is on the gear box splined shaft there seems to be a metal rod protruding out of the center 1/2". this hit the ujoint before the shaft is fully made up. Am i supposed to just cut this off? any harm in cutting it off? ill try to get a pic. thanks

2. suntadz

suntadz 1/2 ton status

ok here is a pic:

shaft.JPG

3. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hi,

I bought a Borgesun 935 and it is designed so that the nipple on the spline slides into the yoke on the steering shaft and does not interfere. I'm sure the nipple is there for a reason, so I cannot comment on whether to remove it or not. Looks like you bought the Borgesun too! What version number?

Manny

[​IMG]

4. suntadz

suntadz 1/2 ton status

i got the 935 aswell. hmm. ill look down the shaft and see if it got a hole in the joint for it. thanks

ok it does look like there is a grove in the joint the little tit can go into . real close to hitting it. Thought it was a little close for comfort but maybe i was just tripping. got it on and tight and going for a test drive. l8r thanks for the tip.