Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick th350 help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ducttape114, Dec 4, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i know you can tweak your shift points by tweaking the valve body. somebody want to give me a crash course in vavle body tweaking?? please?

2. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    I can't give you specifics, but I did it on the tranny that was originally in my truck when I bought it, under the supervision of a knowledged uncle. All we did was drop the valve body and pull out a few checkballs and some of the springs in there got washers put under them to increase the spring rate a little. When we needed to look up info we turned to an 80's buick factory service manual... it had the best teardown and reassembly pictures in it with good directions, probably the best I've ever seen in a manual.

3. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

Sure. Buy a TransGo shift kit. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

TransGo web page

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

whats one of those cost?

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i know you can tweak your shift points by tweaking the valve body. somebody want to give me a crash course in vavle body tweaking?? please?

[/ QUOTE ]

The two parts of a TH350 that affect your shift points the most are the governor and the vacuum modulator. The valve body really doesn't do that. You can buy adjustable modulators as well as governor recalibration kits to change the shift points by a few mph. Summit or Jegs sells them. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

If you want to make the tranny shift harder and snappier(eliminate the slow Cadillac like shift) then a shift kit is what you want. Personally, I have a TCI TranScat Super II in my Th350. I installed it when I rebuilt the tranny. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. k5guyva

k5guyva 1/2 ton status

I just checked for you. For a plain TH350, it's $70.

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep. What Ben Said. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif You know your automatics don't ya. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

9. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yep. What Ben Said. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif You know your automatics don't ya. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kudos, Ryan. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif