Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick tire opinions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Teamstatic2001, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

Hello I am kinda of undecided about tires. I am going to run 38s or 37s and was lookin into thornbirds and ssr's anyone have these and like em hate em. Just lookin for a lil feedback. I plan on driving alot on the street and alot of sand becuase there ar dunes just a half hour from here but with also see some mud.

2. lrazer

lrazer 1/2 ton status

most people here would tell you not to waste your money on "****birds" they are not a very well performing tire most people get them cus they think they look cool but they are not very good tires compared to the rest of the interco line

3. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

yep what he said!

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah ditto on the Tbirds. I have the SSR's and am very happy with them. They are good for daily driving and wheelin. The are nice on the street. they work real well in the sand if you air down. They are good in the mud too, but not like a Bogger or anything. I have done some pretty nasty mud with mine. The sidewalls are a bit stiff because they are a radial so the aren't as good on the rocks. the siping in the center tread also likes to chunk off if spun on jagged rocks:mad: Good dual purpose tires though IMO. I have about 6000 miles on my 37's and about 5000 on the 33's on my crew cab neither show any wear besides some chunking, but thats not the tires fault:D

Insert shameless photo whoring here:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Teamstatic2001

cool thanks alot i was thinking of running the ssr's and you kinda of made up my mind. everything you said was good is what im going to be using the tires for not to worried about the chunking sense there arnt many rocks around here and i prolly wouldnt run them anyway sense this is going to be a show truck that is capable to. I would be worrying about breakin things on the rocks.

6. Teamstatic2001

oops forgot to ask are those ssr's kinda quite. 4wp says they are but what do you think, are they quiter then a tsl.