Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick..tow bar..how do i use this thing!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Nov 6, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i have an idea but there are 2 big C type brackets...were do they hook to...then there are a couple litle brackets i know that hook to the top of the bumper..i gatta tow an s-10 home tongiht and i dont really know how to use it.. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

is it a universal fit? The one I use to have had to have a base plate on the towed vehicle. I've heard there are universals out there that are supposed to be able to hook up to any bumper. Remember don't try to back up with that hooked up. It don't work.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

its universal i guess..weve towed my dads impala with it...my blazers with it...so im guessing its universal..dont remember any speacial thing..he just hooked it up to the car and that was that but i dont know how he did it..i know were everything hooks to but those two big C brackets..they have a pretty good gap in them so i dont kow if its suppost to hook to the frame or what the deal is....all i know is this is an old tow bar..

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I think those some how hook to the bumper but don't quote me on that. Like I said never used a universal fit one before.

Universal or one size fits all means that it doesn't fit anything well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif