Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quick towing question???????????

Discussion in 'Tow & Trailer' started by tom4, Feb 9, 2006.

1. tom4

tom4 Registered Member

can I tow my 72' blazer w/ 1 ton axles with my 2003 1500 silverado. Or is that a dumb question.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

1. How much does your K5 and trailer combo weigh?

2. Does this trailer have good brakes that are properly working?

3. Is your 1500 anything but a short bed regular cab? If it isn't a short/reg. than yes I would think you could.

3. tom4

tom4 Registered Member

I have no idea how much my blazer weighs. accually i dont have a trailer yet. I'm plaing ahead for when i put my 1 tons in. (soon) Any my truck is an extended cab. Where can I find a tailer for my blazer and how much would it cost?

Thanks. Tom

4. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

What engine and trans do you have? 2wd or 4wd? Do you know what axle ratio. All of these things affect the rating. The 1500's when properly equipped have a max tow of 7300 lbs. How far do you want to tow and over what type of terrain? If your blazer weighs in around 5500 then you can go with a 7K trailer. Usually $2500 new. If you are over that weight a 10K trailer would go for $4000. Best bet would be to weigh you blazer when you have the axles in and look for a used trailer locally. Usually cost 1/2 to 2/3 of a new one.