Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick Wiring Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Russell, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey guys!

I've basically entirely rebuilt the wiring harness in my truck, and installed several new ones, lol (TPI and trailering etc)

My question should be a real simple one -- How does the seatbelt warning light work? LOL :D

It was working earlier in the night, then suddenly it stopped working. As far as I can tell, the seatbelt thinger needs to be grounded to turn the light on, and it is grounded only when the seatbelt is all the way in. However, If I manually ground the wire, the light will not turn on. I checked for voltages up in the bezel, and I was not able to get any. This seems odd though, as it all worked less than 10 minutes before that. Should I just jumper two wires to get it working, or what could it to loose power, while other lights on the circuit still have power and work?

2. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Do you really, really need the seatbelt warning light?

3. Russell

Not really, but it'll bug me forever :D

4. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i know this is dumb but have u checked resistance/continuity on the wire and circuit (+ side bulb to seatbelt switch)? through the circuit and voltage from common solid ground to positive in on circuit? sorry thought i would ask( i miss small stuf a lot and i have a degree in this stuff :blush: good thing job paid for it)

5. Russell

haha, simple problem. The door has to be closed for the light to work :P

Closed the door and it started working :)

Next task is to figure out my signal lights. I am most definitely blaming bad grounds and the fact that the rear wiring harness is not currently connected :P Other than them, everything is running dandy :)