Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quick ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Mar 14, 2005.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hey, when i put my steering wheel straight my truck goes to the left. I first thought it was due to my brakes not being bleed properly because i just replaced both of my front calipers so i tried the let go of the steering wheel and slam the brakes trick and my truck stop perfectly straight didnt dive to one side. So that didnt make much sense. I jacked up the front of my truck and spun each tire by hand. The passanger side spun a lot more freely than the driver side, which is the side it pulls to when i put the steering wheel straight.

I am not sure this could do anything but a few days ago around the time this started i flexed my truck up on a rock which was pretty steep on the driver side tire. i had to be pretty hard on the gas to get ontop of the rock because it was steep, so i dont know if that could somehow move stuff. I was thinking possibly the wheel bearings, but if it isnt the brakes and the bearings i figure i would just straight out the steering by playing with the drag link like i did when i put my 4" lift on. Yes it has a new steering arm as well. So does anyone have an idea what it could be?

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

could be draglink out of adjustment, but since you say one wheel rotates easier than the other, check the bearings, one is either seizing up, or the other, the nut has backed off and it is too loose.

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

my only guess is you knocked your alingment out of whack when u flexed on that boulder. its pretty hard to do with a straight front axle, but possible. take it in and see what the pros say.

edit: i didnt see that it driver side bearing it tighter. pull it off and check it out. that could be doing it.

4. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

thanks for the advice! i guess ill check the bearings first then hopefully save up some money to get to aligned or could i somehow straighten the front out on my own?

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

One other thing I thought of. Before I changed steering boxes, if I had to go to full lock, or my wheels got forced to full lock, until I countersteered to the opposite lock, my wheel would be off center. If that fixes it, still look into why one wheel spins easier.