Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quickeee Driveline Q's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blackblazer717, Jan 25, 2006.

1. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i have a buddy (not my rig thank god....)
    with a 87 K-5 with the stock 10 bolts, and he shattered a rear shaft and wants a stronger set, any good reps on a company to get stronger ones cheep... or at a reasonable price. sites info would ge great

thanks
    LUKE

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  2. gmcjimmy4x4

gmcjimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

I just recieved my new cv driveshaft from tom woods custom drive shaft. It looks great but havnt tried it yet(waiting on shims for the rear axle.)but it looks great. They specialize in offroad drivelines mine is a 1-ton cv and ran about $399

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

www.highangledriveline.com has some pretty awesome shafts too. I'd love to be able to get one of his 1350 CV shafts, just don't have the cash though. :D

Rick

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I 2nd High Angle Driveline. Never had bad service

5. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

i have one of them, got it for like 20% off when they had the new shop sale thread going on, they did a great job on the shaft but for some reason it was a bit too long and the shaft would bind, i know i measured it correctly (maybe with the drive flange a different length then the yoke?) instead of sending it back i just used it as an opportunity to move the rear axle back. Very happy with the shaft now but if i could go back and do it again id probibly go through somebody cheaper

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

driveshaft or axleshaft? i think he means axleshaft. if thats the cse the best upgrade is by a company called GM, its called a 14bolt:D And the best part you an get em for under a 100 bucks.

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I too think he means axle shafts.

If you don't go with above mentioned 14bolt, Superior Gear makes some quality resonably priced axle shafts for the 10bolt. I'm running them in my 12bolt.