Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quickie

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Brians89K5, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

I put a shackle flip on my truck and the shackle angle blows. They are straight up and down. I am thinking about going with a set of 56 inch springs to improve shackle angle. What can I get the 56's from? I can't seem to find the answer to where they come from under the search button, and I know this topic has been beat to death. Any help towards the right direction would be great. Thanks!

~Brian

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Stock 56"s come from *some* 3/4 tons and many if not all 1-tons. Mine are the old ones from my sixpack, but I took out some of the leaves as the ten-leaf pack didn't flex so much :rolleyes:

You could swap the shackle flips left-to-right, should change the shackle angle ... shouldn't have to unless you're putting 56"s on a 52" truck, but what do I know.

-- A

3. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

For a better angle move the hanger, its easy. If you want the added spring length for flex do both.

4. Brians89K5

my hangers are welded on.... Don't ask why but I had to do it so I am stuck with the hanger length. They are installed backwards because I wanted a little bit more shackle length but with the 6 inch shackle I have the angle is pretty poor. I think Im gonna find me some 56's and see what I can do from there. I wouldn't mind a little bit more flex considering I don't have too much in the rear right now.. I was also under the assumption that the factory rear springs on a blazer were 52 inch in length? Am I missing something?

~Brian

5. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know you said not to ask but Im still a little curious as to why they are welded on.:confused: what brand of shackle flip is it? I know that the ord flip is designed to go on two different ways. one way is for 52s and the other is for 56s like what was mentioned by dremu. so if you have them on backwards then I guess that means you set them up for 56s.

6. Brians89K5

I had to weld the shackle flip on because I couldn't drop the tank. The hitch was welded to my frame and covers the bolts to the skid plate. So to get the skid plate off I would have to cut off the hitch and I use it too much and don't have the money to buy a bolt on one yet. I have the DIY shackle flip on my truck.