Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quicky....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlazerBoy, Jun 1, 2000.

1. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

He guys I am looking to order a new air cleaner from summit or Jegs today, what size diameter would the TBI on my 87' be?? Also what diameter is the filter element its self. I would answer all of these questions myself, but I am screwing off at work again, you guys know how that is... Thanks

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Is your TBI a dual post model?(two rods and nuts on top of the TBI) If so, you may have a hard time finding one. If anyone has them, SUmmit and Jegs probably would though.

As far as the size, it all depends on the type of wheeling you do. I get in the mud alot and I prefer closed/factory air cleaners. Then I just drop in a good air filter element. If you dont run into any problems with overall diameter clearance, I would go with a normal 14"(not sure what size came on your TBI) and as far as element height, I think the taller ones look cooler, but that is my persoanl preference.

Just my .02 cents

Mike
    82 GMC Jimmy "Emmett" "Built for function, not for beauty!"
    IN TOO DEEP Off-Road Club

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

It is a single post model. See I already have a K&N for the stock air cleaner, I want to get a differant air cleaner but want to use my K&N. So that is why I am wondering what diameter the filter is so I know if it will work with a 14" air cleaner. Thanks

4. Chrome Moly

Chrome Moly Registered Member

Got a 88 tbi and I've been looking for months. sounds like your in the same boat. I ended up sandblasting stock and painted with engine paint, looks brand new.

Chrome Moly
    <font color=green>Resistance is Futile</font color=green> [​IMG]