Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quigley 4X4

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Woodman89, Dec 13, 2000.

1. Woodman89

Woodman89 Registered Member

I friend of mine is interested in this '85 chevy van with a 4X4 conversion that was done by a company called Quigley. Anyone seen one of these or know if it is a rugged setup? I think that they lift it 3" and replace the rear end with a dana 60 and put a dana 44 under the front. Any input would be helpful. I am trying to get some info before we make the drive out to look at it. I checked their website but it didnt have too many specs.

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I saw an article on them in 4-wheeler one time. Can't recall anything about it except for that it was a Quigley. They seemed to like it, if I can remember correctly. I saw an older one down at the auto parts store the other day, also. Those are cool looking beasts. I would love to have one of them.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've never heard anything bad about Quigley. I used to have a '79 Dodge 4x4 van that was built by Pathfinder. It was a blast to drive. You have to get used to people staring at you though. The roof of mine stood 7.5 feet off the ground with 33 inch tires. [​IMG]

Pathfinder only converted new vehicles, not used. It had to be a 1-ton, with a V8. The van would ship from the factory to Pathfinder, where they would torch off the front 2WD components and then install the t-case, front suspension, drive axle and driveshaft. Then they'd ship it on to your dealer for final delivery. Not much of a hard core off road rig but I did manage to get mine into some pretty intersting spots! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

My dad had a Pathfinder conversion on his Ford E350 back in '85, it had the 460, Dana 60s front and rear! It was a beast! 33"s with a 3 inch lift, custom paint, fully done interior, winch, Con Ferr rack...it was awesome. I have heard good things about Quigley, Four Wheeler did a test on one recently, they liked it a lot...but like was said here, they are not meant for serious trail use, more of a all terrain station wagon if you will...

5. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Yea I saw an infomercial on them once. Looked pretty cool.

Dawson
    88 K5

6. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I had a '76 Chevy 1-ton van with the 4x4 Pathfinder conversion. It was a great vehicle...wish I still had it.

'89 K5 Silverado 4" lift w/BFG 33's

7. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    FedEx up here has Quigley Ford vans. Checked one out in a parking lot very nice looking, talked to the driver he said they beat the piss out of them and none have broken yet.