Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quik and ez 700 r4 ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stomper, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I've got a good two wheel 700r4 that I would like to convert to 4 wheel. Is it as simple as changing out the 2 wheel tail shaft for a 4wheel model?
    Also, to put a different twist on this I'm planning on putting this tranny in front of a 203 from a th350. I know the bolt pattern on my th350 and 700r4 are the same but do I need some hybred shaft for this application? I think they have the same spline count also /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    THANKS
    I've searched and I still am /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

*** Edit***Found this place Exact

2. Fubeca

Fubeca 1/2 ton status

The 4x4 version of the 700r4 is about 1.5 inches longer than the 350. The 2wd version is much longer, I ended up pulling all the guts out of my 700 to replace the output shaft with a 4x4 version. Then I bought a different adapter to mate the the t-case and tranny (it was about 1.5 inches shorter). Good luck /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Oh, and I don't think the 700 ever came in front of the 203 so you won't be able to find a stock adapter that will work. I was going to a 208.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You will need to buy a new output shaft from Advanced Adapters and tear apart the tranny and install the new shaft and then you will need to find a TH350/203 adapter (if you don't already have a TH350/203 combo in use) and everything will bolt togther. You will also need to shorten the rear driveshaft and lengthen the front driveshaft. You will also need to relocate the shifter assembly forward 1 7/8", this is the length difference between a TH350 and a 700R4. You will also need to do something about the lock-up converter. Painless wiring sells a kit for this.

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Thanks all/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif