Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

quit drinking soda

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by supersize75k5, Sep 21, 2006.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I finally have givin up soda, along with myself, a few peole I know and another member here have also quit in the last couple weeks...

its crazy

so faw I am saving a bundle in the drive though by getting a couple ice waters though:D

I am in my truck all day, and was going though a 44 or 64 ouch in the am, and at least a couple more in the afternoon, and at dinner a few more glasses:eek1:

I dont really drink beer much at all so finding a good replacement has been tuff, mostly water, and unsweetened tea

:1zhelp:

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I couldnt do it, I couldnt live without my DP.

Do you feel any different?? I have always wondered if I would feel different with no soda.

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I do this periodically, and usually get headaches from caffeine withdrawls. They go away after a couple days, then a couple weeks later I'm back to drinking pop.

4. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

i feel a little diffeent, but I really really miss having a tone of dr pepper, im still recent on this so we will see how it goes

5. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

its tough I dropped Dr. Pepper cold turkey and switched to water/gatorade/powerade keep with it it'll be better for you in the long run ...... although a Route 44 Cherry vanilla cream Dr. Pepper from sonic sounds pretty good right now ..............

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You do feel different without all the caffeine and sugar. You have more energy. I switched from sodas to just gatorade, and it felt GOOD.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

a couple coworkers and I have a bet going that's soda-related... Mostly for the benefit of our mountain dew-addicted coworker... We're going till the 9th with no soda, loser buys dinner...

No big deal for me, I have maybe three cans of root beer a week... But we made it no caffeine and no carbonation... The other guy is a big tea drinker, and the lady like I said can go through a 12-pack of Dew a day and still want more :eek1: Amazingly enough she's skinny as a pole:confused:

8. scotto0609

scotto0609 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Hi. My name is scott..........and i'm a pepsiholic. Tried it several times and can not do it. good luck

9. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Well it's been a month since I cut back on soda (pepsi). I did have a couple sodas since I quit drinking it (at the movies and a 8 oz can)... I was drinking 2 to 4 liters a day. I feel better without all to caf and sugar and have lost 13 pound already...

10. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I switched to diet dr p and diet coke and pepsi. Trying to get a taste for this whole water thing. Soon I'll be sober soon.

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

A good refillable thermal cup , and sip it , soda lasts all day .

You actually need to drink mor e, and eat a damn hamburger once in awhile as well , I mean you only like what , weigh a dollar and change :eek1:

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

When I found out that I'm a diabetic, I went too sugar free drinks like Sugar free kool-aide, and store brands. Infact, I'm drinking a sugar free grape kool-aide right now.

13. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

ive been caffeine and carbonation free for 6 years now. i was skinny then and im skinny now lol.

the first month or so is the hardest, but i haven't had a craving since.

14. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

COKEFIENE HERE !!!:crazy:

keep trying to quit drinking so much, i drive the semi all over the state, so i don't get much exercise, i think i have realized i cannot completely QUIT drinking my Coke, but i am seriously lowering the amount i drink.

Sad, i really don't eat alot, but i have the belly of a Buddah, and man boobs:doah: well, maybe not that bad, the belly part anyways,,, i am just not happy with the way my body looks and am trying to cut down on the Coke intake, drink more water, and maybe eventually get down to a couple of cans a day or something...

Right now it's like Shawn was doing, a 64 oz mug filled inthe morning on the way to work, and usually refill it midday. TOO MUCH.

15. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I've been trying to cut back on Coke also, but it's rough. I've been drinking a lot of the Dasani flavored waters... the strawberry and grape both taste good.

16. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

That's my main problem, water is just too plain for me, i have tried those flavored waters, i like them, but the cost is just crazy.

I have been drinking Gatorade also, but SHEESH does that stuff make ya have to piss, also the cost is a bit much too, so i just decided to try to seriously cut back on the soda, maybe one small one in the morning, for the caffeine since i don't drink coffee, and water throughout the day, then get home and have a soda or two for dinner.

So far that's workin out ok, but now i need to get off my lazy bootsay and start workin out some to help get rid of this extra weight.

17. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

water... tap water.. im reusable bottles. Over the course of your entire life, you'll save a ton of dough...

j

19. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I am a MTN DEW addict and get cranky if I don't have it. I used to down 5-8 cans a day, but am down to 1 or 2 usually. I use the powdered gatorade and lemonade as a sub. It works pretty well and is cheap to boot. The flavor hides tap water so it is even cheaper.

20. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

Sorry I had to do it:D