Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Quite possibly the coolest girl ever....weekend pictures

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Dec 30, 2006.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Me and my girlfriend have been up in Mammoth for a week. She'd NEVER been snowmobiling EVER. We went out riding all day yesterday and this is what she was doing by mid day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though my sled was running really bad I still got to play a little

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is if my favorite
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Nice man, you got mre snow then we do :haha:

4. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

There's still not much of it. We had to cross some dirt spots and we had to go up pretty high before bushes weren't sticking out through the snow. I hope we get some good storms soon

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh man, wait till you get some seat time on an IQ, or even an Edge would feel light years ahead. Those old Wedge chassis are still around, but not like the new sleds. Looks great man, I've never made it down to Mammoth, never worked out for me.

I ride an Escape.

Here's a few from West Yellowstone last year:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Well.....get down here for a trip and we'll go riding

I'm ready for the 06 or newer skidoo summit extreme 1000hd. :bow::bow::bow: that is the toy highest on my list to get next to finishing my truck

7. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Used to ride sleds quite a bit back in the day...To give you an idea of how long ago...The Yamaha V-max was the **** back then.

Anyways, like I dsaid, I've riden them, but never jumped one. Whats that like? Can it compare to a 4 wheeler/quad? Or????

8. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Man, your killing me.
    It's been like 50 degrees here all december. My skidoo is just dying for some powder.

9. rjfguitar

Eh.... it's a ski-don't.:p: IMHO, you don't want the RT1000 unless you are a BIG guy that needs that kind of power OR, you are a super aggressive rider that has to highmark clouds or you go and load up pouting.:wink1:

Right now the M8 Cat is hot, 800XRS Summit, and Dragon. A 300HP Apex is the shiznit, but basically $20K.:eek1:

I'm pretty far north from you I'd imagine, we have a cabin up off of 108 near Dodge Ridge. I ride there, Bear Valley, and Tahoe area mostly. We try to make one big trip a year, last year was West Yellowstone, this year is Diamond Lake Oregon.

10. rjfguitar

Thats been a while ago then. They feel a lot different than quads. For one, most sport quads have around 40-50HP and weigh 400-500lbs. My sled makes 140HP at 8,000RPM's, weighs 478lbs, and is 7.5 feet long. They are just a tad different jumping.... True mountain sleds aren't very good jumpers anyway, they are made to go nearly strait up in snow that you sink to your nipples in.

11. Zeus33rd

Sounds like crotchrocket for the snow. I wonder what you'd get with a Kawasaki ZX14 motor in a sled? At my old job they had a dynojet machine for motorcycles. The ZX14 did 162hp and 106ft-lb tq to the rear wheels.:eek1:

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  12. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The rage around here a couple of years ago was buy a 600 chassis and put the biggest motor you could in it. Now all the guys that do alot of riding I know are turbocharging their sleds. Unreal stuff lightweight of a 600 chassis power of a mountain motor sled.

Any of you yahoos come to ride in West Yellowstone and I can hook you up with some folks that know how to have fun. Of course to go with these cats you gotta be a little stupid:haha:

13. rjfguitar

It would be a heavy pig. That would be like shoehorning in a Cummins 5.9 into a Jeep Rubicon with D44's. Yamaha already does that, as they use a 3 and 4 cylinder 4 stroke from their motorcycle line. It comes with the good and the bad.

-Bad, they weigh 600lbs in mountain configuration. That alone is huge. Weight of a sled is the single biggest factor of ease of riding and manueverability, a bigger factor than nearly everything else combined.

-good, crazy power band, decent fuel mileage, bullet proof engine and can make 300HP when turbo'd and still be reliable!

It's just way to heavy and expensive for my skinny butt!

14. Zeus33rd

15. rjfguitar

Yep.....:haha:

They are 3 and 4 cylinder 1400cc 4 stroke engines. Most sled engines are 2 cylinder 600-800cc 2 strokes.

16. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just got home from Cooke. AFter kartwheeling down a mountain uncontrollably yesterday and almost getting burried in an avalanche today I came home a day early. Here are some pics of the night after partying (passed out) and a few riding. I burned down my CMX mod a few weeks ago so was riding the polaris mod (02 edge 800, psi twins, vforce 3s, slp head, 159, custom paint and seat, extros, etc etc etc and need to re-install the 900 overbore and nos). The place was so tracked out it was hard to find vigin hills. Only stopped once while riding to take a few pics. Climbed one hill and got the mark and kept hitting different lines till my last high mark everyone was waving at me and the top of the hill started to slide but didn't full out avalanche. Apparently a guy got barried on the backside of that same hill the day before too.

*edit* the only pics of me are on the sled, others are a few from my group all straight hammered or passed out

DSC04061.JPG

DSC04067.JPG

DSC04065.JPG

DSC04074.JPG

DSC04073.JPG

17. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

is it still called a wheelie on a track?

18. rjfguitar

Mnorby, when are you going to go with an IQ? I almost bought an '05 900 IQ 151 Anniversay, with an RKT head, different gearing, SLP everything, everything it takes to make an '05 900 run, but can't make up my mind if I want to go that route or shoot for an 850ish 2008.

So Cooke was pretty tracked up huh? I was supposed to be leaving for Togatee in two weeks but that got changed to Diamond Lake Oregon, where the real riding is....:rolleyes: Wasn't my decision.

19. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

A friend just got a new dragon 700. Runs good but still a 700. I think I will stay with the old gen 2 and edge machines, tons of room under those hoods for stuff..... If I buy anything new it will be a Rev but I kinda wanna try a supercharged phazer too.

Confedneck, thats the weight tranfer going up that steer with good traction and HP. In the deep snow it generally only packs the skiis a few inches but on that hill I was flying up... actually caught air a few times going up that one.