Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

R/C VEHICLES fun fun etc etc etc

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, May 29, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, kids birthday is comming up here pretty soon, i was thinking of getting "us" :rotfl: :grin: a remote control truck , something good this time. Either that or one of these,,,, [​IMG]

:rotfl:

SOOOoooo, you older guys ,or parents who have bought toys like this, what are the "good" ones? Its either going to be an offroad thing he can ride on, or a real killer rc toy. Im good for around 300 bucks, after that im out ha ha ha. So whats the good stuff? Ride on toys,and r/c cars. Keep im mind he is going to be 3. :rotfl:

I also need to up-size the battery in his ride on electric car he already has, to give it some more HP!!!! :grin: :cool1:

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

3 ?? Ride on toy !!!!

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Oh yeah, im getting him primed early for the big toys later on , he he. :D Hes already riding at 2 man. :D SO WHATS THE SCOOP??? :D

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Well gee wizz, thanks for all the replies. :grin: Asshats :grin:

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I think "he" would get more enjoyment out of the four wheeler, that way you won't hog it :rotfl: :rotfl: . j/k

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

All I remember from my childhood, is ride on toys, battery life sucks! Think like 4hrs of charging for 15mins of playtime. And Lord help ya, once the batt has been charged a few times, 8hrs of charging and 7 mins of play time.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah, due to all the replies, and suggestions, i just dont know what to do. :haha: Im tempted to get the gas style ride ons, but that would be asking for trouble. :) I wish this kid would just grow already so i can start buying him the wicked toys!!!! :D

8. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

looks like there would be a better style battery out there that would keep a good charge. what's the smallest size gas powered you can get?

9. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

:thinking: :thinking: can you say "governor"????? could you find one and let him sit on it for size?

11. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well of course my yrs of riding those were 16yrs ago, so Im sure batt life has improved some, I cant remember if my 6yo cousin has any or not.....May have to find out....

*Off-topic* Hi-pinion, what ever came of the camaro's?

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I just got to busy, and i never followed up on them. :)

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Also, whats that trick they do when they upgrade the battery? When the put a bigger battery in a kids car? How do you do that? :)

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Keep in mind you're talking a 3-y/o. What does he want ?? When you go to the stores with toys, what does he want too look at ?? Read the reviews 3 hours ride time before recharge doesn't sound bad at all for a ride on toy.

15. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

You should get him one of these! When hes a little older though.

[​IMG]

16. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

R/C trucks are fun fun fun!!! The only problem is that if you get a good one you will become too involved in mods and it gets expensive quick! That and they don't stand up too well to the abuses of a 3 year old. I started with my first in 4th grade. It was a Tamiya Midnight Pumpkin. It tought me the basics of mechanics and gear ratios and such, and I believe it led me into the wonderful life of building real trucks today. Now I have several. That being said, wait until they are a little older and build one with them. Great bonding and learning experience. Especially if you find a track to race them on! Besides, if they get bored of it you will be left with a new addiction :grin:

17. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, by now ive done some real good research, the ones NOT to get are THIS ONE ,,,the gears break constantly, and there junk [​IMG]

i would have thought that john deere would make some good quality stuff, i guess not!!!!!! Not with kids toys! over 100 people bitchuing about the gears breaking in the reveiws. The pic on the top i posted , its the same deal,,,BROKEN GEARS.

This one is cheaper, and better and FASTER!!! 5 mph :cool1: and has 2 gears in different speeds, anything made my POWER WHEELS is good stuff i am finding. [​IMG]

ALSO!!!,,130 bucks CEAPER!!! :D

For now, its either that one or this one...... [​IMG]

18. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Not for nuthin but buy him a pedal car. Both Tommy and Elora are all the time begging to go drive their cars and bikes and they're just now comin up on four. The total up side for me is I don't have to listen to that annoying plastic on concrete sound.

Another plus is the exercise they get while playing instead of just settin there with their foot on the go pedal.

Just my .02 worth.

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Whell i did consider the john deere pedal truck, but, HOWEVER :D

I just ordered a cd , that shows you how to "modify" the 2.5 miles per hr, to like 13 MPH!!!!!!!! :grin: You can convert these things, lift them up, instead of running a 12 volt motor ill run something to the tune of like 18 volt, with different gears, etc etc. :grin:

THESE THINGS HAUL ASS MODIFIED!!!! :D

Oh yeah it shows one they did with rubber meats on it as whell!!! 4x4 man!!! :D

20. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If I got Tommy somethin like that the first thing he'd do would be to smash right into the back of Jenn's car or the Blazer and break something. With my luck, his arm or nose or somethin.