Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

R.i.p. Family Pet.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Jun 7, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

RETITLED THIS POST TO UPDATE THE INFO. page #2 for more info.

had a great start to work this week and life was great:laugh: . i am getting things done around the house and such:o . then yesterday i get a call from mom that she took the family cat to the vet that day. she said the cat was limping funny and vary madwhen patted :what: :what: .

so the doc. did some work and exray of leg and found huge lump of cancer:ooo: . she was just in less than a moth ago with full check over and no real problems found:dunno: .

he is a great doc. and has given us and are pet family many great years of service. so no real need to second guess his call:deal: .

the cancer has grown big time in the last few weeks and he said she will not live long and it is a fast moving kind. it will spread to all her orgains soon:angry1: .

i am not much for this fu fu crying type stuff. but when you have had a family pet from just after birth its still hard. i dont care how much of a man you think you are in this kind of time:frown1: :frown1: .

i just wanted to sheare my pain with the brother hood and let you all know what was going on in my family:surepal: . you are all my family and i realy respect the ideas and info and compasion you all have and give to others on hear no matter what it is or who it is:xmas: .

thanks for any suport and compasion .

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
  2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

hey good luck man...keep us posted;)

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sad news, I know how ya feel.
    I still feel funny going fishing and stuff without my "best friend" Jack, a great dog I raised from a tiny pup, he was 13 when he had to be put to sleep.........................hard day that day!

4. sweetk30

funny you say 13 years old. my cat is 13 years old.

we will have her put down on friday as the idea of me not seeing her one last time from tusday to then would have mad me mad and mom couldnt let her stay her last few hours there at the vet in some stupid cage pissed off and sad. we said he!! no and took her home till friday . she is in pain but it was bets on all of us to do it on friday so the cat would have some peace and be happy if you can call it that the last few days of her sweet life.

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

The hardest thing bar none that I've had to do was have Samantha, my childhood cat, put to sleep. I was a strapping 20 year old when she passed on and to this day, 18 years later, it still brings a lump to my throat.

The thing that really pushed me over the edge and started me blubbering like a baby was just as she was taking her last breaths the song Sounds of Silence by Simon and Garfunkle came on the radio in the vets' office.

It's hard but you'll make it through and if you're anything like me it will definately instill a huge dedication to preserving life at all costs.

6. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I just went through this back in the first part of May :( . My 9 year old male cat " gilbert" (always indoors) threw up alot of blood and liquid late at night and he seemed ok so we went back to sleep . He seemed somewhat ok in the morning while I was getting ready to take him to the vet . I came in from the garage and found he had threw up again and it was really bad and he was out of it and very close to death . I made the choice to put him down myself . I could never shoot him with a gun so I put him in the cat carrier and put him under water :( . He went really quick . I just didn't want him to suffer . I know my other indoor cats seen him this way and for the last week 2 of the younger cats were picking on him so I guess they knew something was up . I buried him in the back yard next to one of our other cats that died about 4 years ago . They were both best bud's . I came back into the house and sat on the couch and Gilberts brother Reggie jumped in to my lap and looked me right in the eye and headbutted me and layed on my lap . He knew what happened to Gilbert and I think he knew he was gone But he was letting me know it was ok and he was in a better place now . I pretty much lost it and cried for awhile . I felt like I had killed one of my own kid's . I know he was sick and he didn't have a chance . He never showed any signs of problems . I guess cat's don't show pain because it's a sign of weakness . I still miss him everyday . It's strange how the demenor of the other cats have changed since Gilbert has died . I have all kinds of pictures of him & the others on my computer . It still brings an ache to my heart . I hope there is an afterlife and that I will get to see him again . I will have you in my prayers and If you can be there for her final moment of life , Please do it for her and pet her and let her know she is loved .

7. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Since I am a woman I will admit that reading some of these stories make me start to tear up. I guess it's just the feminine side showing in me. I feel for you guys and your animals.
    My friend's family had to put their dog down this past winter. She was in their family for 10+ years. It struck me too because of how much time I spent over there when I lived closer to them.

8. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i had to put my 19 year old dog down a little bit after christmas, it was pretty hard considering the dog has been around since i can rember cause im only 20 >.<

9. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Been through 2 cats and 2 dogs.

2 cats were from age 14 and 12 years, one dog from glaucoma and arthritis, and the other for agressiveness. The last dog we put down (the one due to agressiveness), we tried everything with, the dog was just ****ed up in the head. No one should have to fear their own dog. My sister tried to feed him once, and he backed her into the corner. Nothing like fighting an 80 lb dog, managed to tackle/choke him and force him into his kennel, and chucked the kennel and dog into the garage.

Parents came home later asking why the dog was in it's kennel upside down :( We still kept him for 6 months after that... trying to give him plenty other chances, but he just had to go. He was unfit for any family.

10. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I had to do that with a wolf/rottie mix :eek1: . He was mean as a puppy and He got to be a year old and was just wanting to thrash any animal that got near him and he almost attacked one of my little cousins . I personally took him up to the woods and shot him in the head . His brother was a great dog but he was just fk'd up and @ 135lbs he was going to kill someone . it was just a matter of when . I didn't want that to happen . I still felt like crap but I had to do it . My wife and I don't have kid's so our pet's are our children . We have 7 cats in the house and 5 outside . All of them are rescued kittys and 10 of them we have had since they were kittin's .

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i lost a 12yr old st bernard last summer... one of the best damn dogs ive ever had... i feel ya man.

12. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I feel for you, and I agree, even a manly man will shed a tear over the loss of a beloved animal. Remember the good times.

13. sweetk30

well today she went to the big cat place in the after life. she was a great pet . over the years she had her problems. but was good all in all.

she was deathly afrade of plastic bags , vehicles , vacumes , soda bottles when opening and fizz gomes out sound , and water.

but she loved her food and treats every night time. she know what do you want your treats meant. she would come running. also she loved to play get the kitty we would chase her all over the house and play. she also would lay upside down on her back and look at you as if it was normal. she loved to twitch her tail all the time. you could ask her to twitch it and she would.

a moment of silence to my beloved family pet sasafras may you rest in peace in the kitty after life. :frown1: :( :xmas:

sasafras.jpg

14. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your kitty.

I love my pets to death and one of the hardest parts about having them is knowing that I will outlive them all.

I had to put my dog down a few years back and it was one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make. Best wishes to you and your family. Losing a pet is the worst :(

15. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm sorry. Bad day. Bad day, indeed.

16. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Sorry to hear about your cat dude, Looks like ours. Weve had since he was 2 weeks old and he was born blind. The hardest part of having animals is that we out live them

17. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sorry to hear about your cat bro. I know how much I love my animals and cannot imagine what it would be like to be without either of them. I also know that I will outlive them both... if i'm lucky anyway! Again, my heart goes out to you and your family.