Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

R&P prices ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Z3PR, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

What will some 4:56 gears for a 3/4 Ton axles ( 1978 14 Bolt FF, and Dana 44) cost ???? Currently have 3:73 gears. Will I need a new carrier ??? I got someone that can do the gear swap for me sence I've never done it befor. Is $100.00 an end a fair price ???

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You will need new carriers or thick gears for both axles. $100 is a good dealif the guy knows what he's doing, otherwise it's a ripoff at any price. Figure about $300 for the gears themselves, another $150 or so for the install kits. Plus you still need carriers... </font color>

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeah, this guy knows what he's doing. He's got a shop set up in his garage. He is a big wig in the local 4X4 club and does most of the gear swaps for them. $100.00 per end, so $200.00 (labor) for both axles. How much will the new carriers run me ???

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I know that one for the 14 bolt is about $200 new, but I'm sure that you can find one that someone on CK5 has for alot less than that. tRustyk5 was nice enough to give me one for free.99. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Not sure how much one runs for the 44, but you might as well look for a l/s for it since you have to spend the money anyways. You could always just get the thick gears and use your current carriers though... </font color>

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can reuse the carriers I already have if I get thick gears ??? I do plan on a Detroit Locker for the 14 Bolt FF rear axle.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yes, with thick gears you can reuse your carriers. I know you can get them for the 14 bolt and I'm sure you can get them for the 44 as well. </font color>

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kewl !!!!!!! I just might have too do that. Is there any draw backs to useing the thick gears ????

8. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Careful Shaggy, you know how my experience is going finding thick gears for the 14ff... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif 8 weeks and counting...

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Call Randy's R&amp;P. They told me for the D44 I needed a new carrier. I'm going from 3.08 though, and can't remember where the break is. I got priced out the door w/ everything I needed for the swap at $554.

John

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yeah, I know that you're having bad luck, but you need to call them back and see if they'll send you a different brand. I got mine in 4 days when I ordered them... </font color>

11. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

-begin thread hijack-

WTF is your avitar?

-end thread hijack-

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That would be a giant dog nose. The thread was dying anyways. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

13. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI thought it was a new born baby still in the mother's womb like on a sonagram (probably didn't spell that right). /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

14. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Dang I thought it was one of those endangered Owls /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Haha, it's funny how close up images of parts of everyday things can look so strange. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif</font color>