Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Race Follow-up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by retroblazer, Mar 9, 2004.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Time for another round of thank-you's. I had earlier post on my race in Baja, the San Felipe 250, but I wanted to thank a couple of CK5 members for their help, Baja_Blazer, Ramsey and Steve Watson. Without these guys I wouldn't have made the race or continued in the race after I broke. I wish the race had gone a little better than it did. I led the first fifty miles before my steering locked up and I flipped. I knew something was wrong early because I was using half a turn of the steering wheel before I could feel a change in direction, but the truck was fast and I didn't want to give up the lead before my scheduled pit. WRONG. It cost me the race and luckily I didn't kill anybody. I did a full 360 and landed on my wheels, but I also almost landed a woman and her husband who were pitting for another team. The woman was folding a table when she looked up and saw me coming. She said she dropped the table and started running and never looked back. All she heard was the thump, thump, thump of the truck hitting the ground. I landed on her table and came within three feet of landing on their truck. We burned an hour and a half replacing the front right knuckle. It turns out that the junction of the tie rod and the drag link rotated and hit my shock mount. Bad design that will be changed soon. Don't know when I'll be racing next, but I'll be at the 1000 come hell or high water. Love to have more of my fellow CK5 members join us. The race goes all the way this year. Again, many thanks to Ramsey and Steve for their help.

2. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about the part failure, but you were leading, and thats great! I've done some offroad racing as a teenager, and always dreamed of the Baja 1000 - I hope you make it happen. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Sorry to hear about the bad luck...................