Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

races in your state, city, etc?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Mar 30, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Race as in white, black, etc.
    NOTE: I'm not being racist, I was just wondering...

When I went to California to go to disney land, Anahiem has A LOT of Mexican people...probably half of the population. looks like they are mexican.

In cranbrook, most are white, there are some Indians, and some other types.
    In Surrey (close to Vancouver, where Rene lives) there is a lot of people from india and what not (at least when I went there)

What about your place?

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Rednecks, Abercrombie collar-popping prep b!tch frat boys, and blacks. And the illegal Mexicans.

3. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

lots of russians here

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

In the area, it's about half white and half Hispanic. Mix between Mexican, Guats, and others from third world, Latin American pissholes. Number of blacks would be something like .000000000000???%. There are also a couple of Asians running around.

Bigger places will have more blacks, and there are some Indians running around up here, but not like other parts of the state.

5. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

Asians and Mexicans.

6. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

In my small town of 3000, about 10% is of Hispanic origin, and again, not being racist, but they all work in a factory in town or at the local tree farm...

There are 2 black families in my town that I know of, and they rest is mostly white.

In Milwaukee however, it's still segregated for the most part... White people live in West Allis, Black people live on the north side, and Mexicans live on the east side... Indians, Asians, and people of Arabic origin are mixed in with mostly white people, but you occasionally see asians down in the ghetto with the mexicans...

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Here in North Jersey we have everything under the sun. And even a few that live underground! I used to drive a tow truck. I would get to a call where the customer couldn't speak english at all. How the hell am I supposed to know where to tow the $%@!*& car to?!?! All arguments aside, I am glad I live in a country that allows the freedom to get away from one's oppressed country. I just wish those people respected ours a little more.

8. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Mainly white.... some native indians (I hate to say it but a good portion of the homeless population is indian in Billings, even though there's a reservation 20 miles south of here :confused: ), and maybe .005% black.

-Mike

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Races in New York:

White Non-Hispanic (35.0%)
    Hispanic (27.0%)
    Black (26.6%)
    Other race (13.4%)
    Two or more races (4.9%)
    Chinese (4.5%)
    Asian Indian (2.1%)
    American Indian (1.1%)
    Korean (1.1%)
    Other Asian (1.0%)
    Filipino (0.7%)

Interestingly, NYC has been called the most racially segregated city in the country.

You can find this kinda data on city's here, there's a search box in the side bar:
    http://www.city-data.com/city/New-York-New-York.html

My hometown stats are:

Population (year 2000): 195,289
    Males: 95,751 (49.0%), Females: 99,538 (51.0%)

White Non-Hispanic (84.5%)
    Hispanic (6.6%)
    Black (4.2%)
    Other race (2.3%)
    Two or more races (1.5%)
    Asian Indian (1.0%)
    Chinese (1.0%)
    Korean (0.6%)

10. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Where I live now, 120K pop. in the county, about 20% Hispanic, 79.9% White and about 27 black people. Of the white people it's about half and half respectable upstanding somewhat rural types with a few big city transplants and the other half is white trash, toothless, meth-head, mullet having, wife beatin' tweakers. (but they are all centrally located in Clifton Single Wide Metropolis so it's easy to stay away from them). Of the hispanics probably 85% are hard working decent folks and the majority of the blacks are college students/athletes (although they dress like thugs).

The town I grew up in in Texas was 96% hispanic and us few gringos.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

sorry, what is hispanic? :confused:

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Depends on who you talk to, but it's a general catch all term related to Mexicans and Latin Americans by most.

There's really no true Mexican because a lot of them have Indian (Aztec and some other Indians that were native to Mexico) and Spanish (Spain) blood in them. Even though we use this term to describe most every one from south of the border, in reality, Mexicans hate Guatamalans and vice versa. It's pretty easy to tell most of them apart because Guats are usually really small framed and not to be harsh, but a lot of them you'd think are Pygmies because they are so small. They also have different facial features. They have more Indian type features also. That's not to say that is true for everyone. When I worked for Fresno County, we had a little hottie Guat nympho that we worked with and she was lighter skinned than most; but she is also the person I got some of the previous insight from. Apparently Guat woman are somewhat liberated and strong willed and most of them hate the **** out of Mexican men because of their mentality towards women.

And don't think the languages are the same either. Most of the Guats we have locked up are pretty fluent in Spanish and can converse with the Mexicans, but we get a few, like one we have right now, that speaks some off the wall Guat dialect that we don't see too much of up here, so it's kind of hard to give them a "fair" shake with the justice system.

13. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

ten years ago it was black and white. Now the tacos(hispanics) have took over most of the jobs that the blacks had and not like near as many black around but don't know where they went. India people in dairy queens motels and convience stores that i do not return to when i find out they bought it. Very few left american owned. Few japanesse around a few from other countries.

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Mexicans? In So-Cal?! :D

Yeah, CA has a lot of Mexicans and other people from south of the border. Alot are illegal but many are legal too. I don't have a problem with the race, but some of the cultural norms that they bring with them irritate the hell out of me.

15. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

dude you were very sheltered as a kid werent you? not trying to start anything but you ask a lot of ?s and this by far takes the cake :haha: :whistle:

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

in my hometown of Sellersville, there are 4,546 people. Interestingly there are 13 times as many people in NYC as there are in my county...

Races in Sellersville:

White Non-Hispanic (96.1%)
    Hispanic (2.0%)
    Two or more races (1.1%)
    White Kids who think they are something else (5%)
    Black (0.6%)
    American Indian (0.6%)

Now look a little south of me:

Races in Philadelphia:

Black (43.2%)
    White Non-Hispanic (42.5%)
    Hispanic (8.5%)
    Other race (4.8%)
    Two or more races (2.2%)
    Chinese (1.2%)
    Other Asian (0.9%)
    Asian Indian (0.8%)
    Vietnamese (0.8%)
    American Indian (0.7%)

Whites are now a Minority in Philadelphia.

17. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I am just a hair north of Atlanta, GA POP 500k in the city proper.

Races in Atlanta:

Black (61.4%)
    White Non-Hispanic (31.3%)
    Hispanic (4.5%)
    Other race (2.0%)
    Two or more races (1.2%)
    Asian Indian (0.6%)
    American Indian (0.5%)
    Ancestries: English (5.9%), German (4.5%), Irish (4.5%), United States (3.0%), Subsaharan African (1.8%), Scottish (1.6%).

18. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

well we have 2 big prisons here in the county and that means lots of trash if that can be called a race. and most of them are black or act black. this is a good county in my opinon except for the trash. all in all 60%whites and 30%blacks and 10% others.

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

no I wasn't sheltered, thanks. I ask a lot of questions because I want to learn. If I didn't ask I could just live my life easier, but without the knowledge I have gained. I may ask stupid questions, but like I said, I'd rather get picked on for it and gained the know-what about it, instead of having little knowledge from not knowing. For this peticular thread, were I live there is NO hispanic people (from what I have seen) so how would I know what they are?

20. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thanks for the response Bubba, now I have a good grasp on what everyone is talking about.