Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

racing innovations chassis fabrication, wow !!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Oct 6, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

http://www.pmra.net/sponsors.htm
    Sam Wills Racing Innovations

i am watching Orange County Choppers show on discovery channel right now
    and just watched how Sam Wills custom build from scratch a swingarm asembly for a bike buildup and wow, thats COOL !

they made steel end caps for the steel tubing and used some big funky drill bit to make the shape for the ends of the tubes to fit around the diameter of other tubes and thats some neato stuff, and used some kind of neato welder to weld it altogether, thats what im interested in but NOTHING like that exists around here where i am, this is the kind of thing i drream of getting into somehow or other. it takes equipment and experience i know, but theres got to be a starting point somehow in this world, isnt there ?? THIS kind of work is what i really want to do and have known that i want to do, and everytime i see a little more of it it makes me want to get into it even more ! but no way to...

who knows or knows where to find out what it takes to do that kind of fabrication ? how do these guys start out ? how do they move forward ?
    where should l i be asking these questions at ? i ahve no idea where or how or who or anything, a small farming town such as where i stillllllll reside lends to not being able to find out a whole heck of a lot out other than farming related junk..

thanks

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

A lot of people got started just by hanging around a shop, others cause they were in the family.

I don't plan on being a master fabricator anything, well maybe stinky farts, but I have a small collection of fab tools and I've immersed myself reading all I can from various sources. Hopefully it will pay off in the end.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

cool /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

man.. im watching OCC show again right here right now and the custom hex frame they just showed them fabricating, damn!!

its just badass!

damn.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    cool /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

man.. im watching OCC show again right here right now and the custom hex frame they just showed them fabricating, damn!!

its just badass!

damn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed! I just watched it too...pretty cool stuff, and amazing work! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

thats a TIG welder....pretty nifty lil welders. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

NITRO