Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Racing, Roosting and We Have Lift Off

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

All photos courtesy of Steph (ChevyCaGal86).

These are some of my highlights from the last VORRA race at Prairie City almost a month ago. There's one race left in the season and most of the classes have been decided, but there's a couple of classes that are close and may get decided in two weeks.

The first pic is of Don Moss. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a Ford, but it's old school straight axle action. Moss is currently second in Class 8, and he's ran two races less than the leader. The Bronco is full-time 4wd and he used that advantage fully on the short track by taking first in both heats against a well built 2wd truck.

Watching Moss land after this jump was something. He had the suspension dialed in perfect.

[​IMG]

The reason why most off road racers wear full faced helmets. Steph was in the perfect place at the perfect time to snap this shot. I'm on the passenger side of the buggy in the dirt, about 200 feet away and when this happened, we completely lost him in the dirt. But that wasn't the worse, just the coolest looking. Sometime during this heat, the same guy received a rock to the left side jaw area of his helmet from another roost job. That rock dented the Lexan shield. The victim is Sam Berri, who currently has the points lead in Class 1 and Class 10, has overalled two of the three desert races and IIRC, has finished first in all heats at PC except for two. He is flat fast.
    [​IMG]

This next Bronco, yeah yeah, not like there's a gaggle of Chevys to be talking about, so y'all get the next best thing; belongs to rookie Alex Prescott. He is only running the short course this year and is definately low buck. He is the only truck (except for this race) in the Semi-Pro class, everyone else is in buggies. He has made a good showing for himself this year. He is pretty heavy on the go pedal. Almost nothing like listening to the ponies scream as he hammers it coming out of the westside hairpin and the mud and dirt launches the other way. On this particular day, Alex was suffering from an oil leak onto the exhaust./forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Good pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Great pics Steph /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks like some fun action!

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Great pics Steph /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Looks like some fun action!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it is fun! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Here are a few more I took that were my favs from this race... http://chevycagal.homestead.com/vorra.html