Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Racing Seats & Steering Wheel

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pregate, Sep 20, 2000.

1. pregate

pregate Registered Member

Does anyone have any racing seats w/4or5 pt harnesses?
    ive been looking to get one and will probably get some corbeau pro sports..
    but what im more interested in, is where can i find a nicer, better matching rear bench?
    the stock one with the racers in front would look pretty stupid.

also, anyone have a momo steering wheel? i might be getting their "runner" model, but i dont know about the mounting and if any adjustments need to be made or if i can simply switch it out with the stock one..

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I use a Grant signature series steering wheel and stock seats...all my friends love the wheel!

3. wickedk5

wickedk5 Registered Member

i have an italvolanti steering wheel (similar to momo design) that uses the momo adapter. it was pretty straightforward and i did not have to adjust anything. the only thing that was tough was removing the old steering wheel. it feels a lot better that that skinny stock steering wheel

"And if it ain't a Chevy don't raise it up..."

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have a Momo steering wheel in my Jimmy.. I have the Fighter model.. Install was pretty straight foward, the only hard part was getting the bolts for the wheel through the outter plate, wheel, spacer and mounting bracket..

They are great wheels!!!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Grant GT wheel and Flofit seats...........might want to call Seat Source in Riverside 909-343-9430 - Flofits were less money than Corbeau when I did my interior two years ago, and I liked the features the Flofits have. Pics of the seats in the photo gallery under "Frank Twardoch's 1979 Blazer". Rear seat I had recovered to match the Flofits by a local upholsterer, look great and doesn't look "out of place" with the Flofits up front.

<font color=black>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

7. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I run and sell Beard Seats. They are the only way to go in my opinion. I am planning on using a beard rear seat to match the fronts once I get my cage done.

8. pregate

anyone have pictures, i looked through all your personal pages, but couldnt really get any good ones of the seats themselves

one reason i like the corbeaus are the interchangeable color thing.. though i still cant decide what ill be painting mine.. either black, or yellow..

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

9. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

this is a pic of my back seats, all i did was strip the old bench seat down to the bottom frame work and weld tracks for the seats. it still flips up and can be removed as one complete unit.
    re-upholstering the original is a good idea also.
    good luck,
    MTPockets.

http://coloradok5.com/projects/lined3.jpg

10. pregate

looked at yours again blazzinor, i really like the new panels you put in, i like that look, but im probably going to have all of the bed and floor coated in some sort of herculiner type product, is it feasable to do the same with a panel? install, coat, then cut for speaker holes and such?

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8

11. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i did remove the inner panels, "less to get messed up" was my motto when building my k5. i have 2 speakers in the doors as well as 2 in waterproof boxes wedged between the cage and inner body panel. the speakers still get wet, either when it rains on them or when i clean the mud out of them, but they were made for boats so its ok. that is all the sound i need, no amps. there are more pics of money pit in project vehicles.
    good luck,
    MTPockets.

12. pregate

heh, i edited that part out before the final, so, just so you dont look stupid, i asked if he took out his side panels :)

and i now i know why you called 'er money pit..
    my friends all tease me saying i could buy a brand spanking new great truck for what im gonna put into this baby. but i dont care, its great :)

1979 K5 Blazer
    4x4, 350 V8