Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radial TSL or TrXus MT's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by toy4x4runner, Jan 1, 2006.

1. toy4x4runner

toy4x4runner 1/2 ton status

what do you guys think about those 2 tires? I'm looking at some 36x12.50 radial TSL's or maybe some 37x12.50 radial MT TrXus. From what I gathered... the TSL is a more aggressive mud tire with a bit more tread depth and no siping. Where as the trxus is not as aggressive but has shallower treads and siping. Any inputs on either tire?

2. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

We had 31x9.5x15 radial swampers on a Ferd bronco II buggy I built for my kids. They did quite good all around in rocks,mud, and on the street. They where siped by the local tire shop though so that helped. I used to drive that rig to work once in a while, no doors, no hatch,pickup chop top, camo paint!!!! Good all around tire not to loud and a nice foot print at 10psi.

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

truxus will be better on road, tsl's will be better offroad. which does it see more?

4. lifted76k5

lifted76k5 Registered Member

depends on what kinda wheeling your doing. i have radial swampers on my truck and my dad has trxus mt's on his.

trail ridding: either
    deep snow: swamper
    pavement: trxus
    snow pack: trxus
    mud: either (don't have much here, so both did well)
    sand: havn't tried the trxus in sand, aired down swamper did great.
    rocks: either

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have "E" rated 33" trxus m/t's on my k30. I like the traction on wet/snow conditions. Not bad offroad either (nothing serious). The problem I have is vibes at 70 mph, there's about 10 oz. of weight on each wheel to ballance them. I think next time I'll get SSR's or TSL radials. I've had better luck with those tires in the past.

6. ramses

ramses 1/2 ton status

Ive had 35 inch trxus and I just got 37's. I was amazed at the differences between the same kind of tire in a different size. The new 37's have way deeper lugs than the 35's did for some reason. They are amazing on snow and ice, which is why I stuck with them. They actually do better in mud than I thought if you keep em cleaned out. My favorite thing about them is they are 10 ply and load range E which makes them reallly tough and I can still haul anything with my truck that I want which is something I need that others might not. On the highway they are wonderful, they make almost no noise and ive never had any balancing problems after having 2 sets. For a daily driver that sees some snow and mud occasionally they are perfect. If you see a lot of mud and not much highway driving get the TSL's.