Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator brackets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Smitty, Feb 17, 2001.

1. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

I ran across a deal on a new 4-core radiator today. Picked it up for $155. Only problem is that this one has 3" tanks and my old radiator had 2 1/4" tanks. Everything fits except the brackets. I found the right size rubber spacers for the bottom but am having problems finding the right size brackets to go from the radiator support to the radiator tanks. Anyone have any ideas where I might find some? Figure something with a 6.2 might have something that will come close but not too sure.

Smitty

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Looks like I found the info I need in another post from BigBurb. I'll still hit the junk yard tomorrow and see if I can find the brackets in something.

BigBurb, thanks for the post with the part numbers!

Smitty

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Yeah the 6.2's might work, they might be too wide though, there were some wide diesel ones. You can still buy the upper radiator support (one piece on the big radiators) and the BB fan shroud which I believe you need for the very thick radiators. Since you said you got numbers from bigburb, assuming they are GM numbers, go to http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the heads-up on the web site!! I'll check it out tonight.

Smitty