Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

radiator/core mount

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Jan 20, 2004.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

On my front sheet metal should I mount the radiaotr to the grill then make two frot mounts using my left over poly bushings or should I mount theradiator seperate to tone down the flex up front trying to tweek it. $280 for a radiator would suck to twist it up.LOL

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I saw a set up once before that had a central mount instead of on the frame rails to help keep the nose from twisting with the frame, so that the radiator wouldn't get tweaked. Seemed like a good idea to me, might work for your rig too.

3. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    I know it's hard to see, But I have a spring mount in the center of the rad support. This allows the frame to flex and the body doesn't.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

yours was the one I thought of. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I tried the radiator on the body..killed 1 radiator, so I thought I was slick and tied it into the frame with bushings...2 radiators

so now I am back to stock...no problems yet and a bran new radiator /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif the added support of my jeffro style bumper has elliminated my front frame flex ALOT though /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif