Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator Core Mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bross82, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

I recently ordered the energy suspension cab body mount set for a 1985 K5 Blazer. But, this set only replaces the cab mounts. I can't see any specific mounts offered by energy suspension for the radiator core. Do they offer any polyurethane mounts for this application or does any other company sell specifically just the radiator core polyurethane mounts?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

They should have been there...

got my kit thru ORD, and it had em all.. think they sell energy...

3. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

The full width metal core (part of the front clip) mounts to the frame via some body mounts, which should come with your kit.
    There's rubber bushings that mount the radiator to the core, those are not included. I know I saw a set of those mounts from somebody, I thought it was energy, but I know I saw them on summit racings website.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't think so bud...

you may be reading into that post too much.. he doesn't mention those at all.. just the body mounts..

nice find tho... didn't know those where available! Tho mine, and I'm assuming yours, are no longer applicable... :haha:

6. Bross82

Bross82 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure the part number I ordered was this one:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ENS%2D3%2D4118R&N=700+4294908216+4294925023+4294908215+115&autoview=sku

now it does say set of twenty, which i think sounds like the right number. 10 mounting points with top and bottom would be 20. But, even say if you look at the picture, there aren't 20 there. There's only 14 in the picture. I am not at home but if I remember counting them all right, it came out to 16. The box they came it definitely couldn't have fit anymore and looked labeled for the set.

What got me thinking maybe it didn't include the radiator core is LMC splits up how you can order them. either the radiator core mounts, the body mount kit, or the complete mounting kit...

I'll double check how many there are and post up when I get home.