Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator fan blades

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by lochenjons, Feb 3, 2007.

1. lochenjons

lochenjons 1/2 ton status

I have to replace mine (shroud was missing a bolt and fell down and bent all the blades...right as I went into a mudpit...I got video too :haha: Ill post it up later) so I'm gonna go down to the picknpull tommorow. Do I have to torque down the bolts that hold it down or just get em tight? Gonna fix that shroud to :D. The pathetic thing was I knew it was missing the bolt so I had tried pushing down the shroud to see if it'd go anywhere and it wouldnt go down far enough to hit the blades so I figured i'd be good untill I found the bolt...ha obvioulsy not :doah:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Man , I have like 7 or 8 fan blades lying around , someone was actually going to toss em out , and I saved em .

3. blazin_blazer

blazin_blazer 1/2 ton status

i have alot of fans also, i ussually try and find the 7 blade stock fans instead of the 5 blade fans. also on my mud runners i take the fan off and use electric fans, so its not spraying water all over my engine bay.