Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator Flush

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TXsizeK5, Mar 16, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Where is the plug to flush the radiator? To my understanding , you just pull the plug and let it all drain out and fill it to the top with 1/2water and 1/2 antifreeze? Is ther eanything else i have to do? Thanks

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

go to the parts store ( i got it from baxters) and buy the little thing where you cut the hose that goes into the top of the intake and put this thing that connects both hoses, then you connect your garden hose to thing and run the water...... the box has all the instructions, just go ask where the radiatator flusher thing is heh.. anyone else know what im talking about?

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

yeah, buy the kit. Flushing it is so easy its not even funny. Its almost more work to drain and refill the radiator...I was skeptical at first, but its not bad at all...just make sure you have extra hose clamps so you don't have to ride a kid's bike to a parts house to get some...like me

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah get the systen flusher and...............
    If you have never cleaned out your cooling system. Now would be a good time to do it. It may save radiator problems later on down the road.
    Get some heavy duty cooling system cleaner from an autoparts store. Follow the directions on the can. Its a little more work but worth it. It will help your engine to run cooler.
    The plug to drain the radiator should be on the bottom of the engine side of the drivers side tank.