Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator Hose Spring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RedDwarf, Aug 3, 2002.

1. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

The lower hose spring...my old one is rusted apart...the new hose doesn't have one and Discount Auto doesn't sell the springs...where can I get a new one? Napa? Or is this a dealer item? Anyone know?

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

The ones that I get at NAPA had them in it.
    I believe they were Dayco's

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Whatever you do, do not use the hose without the spring in it. The lower hose is the suction hose and it could suck closed on you and not allow coolant to flow and overheat the engine. The hose is supposed to come with the spring in it. Take it back and get another one.

4. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i sell goodyear hoses all the time, and none have the spring in them. ive had springless lower radiator hoses the entire time ive had the truck and no problems. and if its rusted to peices why get another one?
    Ryan

5. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Well, I think it's from 1974 and I know it has been runn with straight water for a number of years.

I'm just trying to cover all my bases on the cooling system and I have heard about the hoses collapsing before. Not sure how much of a problem that really is, but I don't want the possibility to be there.

An friend is sending me a new spring.

Thanks for the replies guys