Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator hoses

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Randoony, Mar 1, 2000.

1. Randoony

Randoony Newbie

I have a 1983 full size Jimmy that came stock with a 6.2 Diesel, and now contains a 350. I am having a problem finding an upper radiator hose to fit, since I still have the huge radiator from the diesel. The replacement hose for the 350 is the right shape/dimension and fits on the thermostat housing, but is not even close to being big enough for the radiator connection. Anybody out there know a fix for this?

Thanks in advance,
    Randy Bracewell
    Bremerton, WA

2. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

There is probably an easier way but if you had a small piece of the larger hose, that fits on the radiator, you could cut a few inches of it, clamp it to the radiator, then go to your local auto-parts shop and buy one of those stepped exhaust fittings. They come in so many variations I've go to believe you could find one that would fit the two different sized hoses. Then just 2 more clamps and you're done with it for probably $10...

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado (a.k.a. ThunderDog)

3. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

Some radiator hoses are flared larger on one end(like the bottom one)You will have to mix-n-match at the parts store. I have a flex hose on mine, love it.

DangerBrett
    life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!

4. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know in the older Blazers and in some trucks they put a chunk of pipe in radiator hose.The pipe goes where the hose straightens out . By the way what happened to the 6.2 ? If you have it I might be interested in it . I don't live far from you .

5. Cusm

Cusm 1/2 ton status

DangerB, How much did you pay for your flex hose? I too have a 6.2 radiator and the connection between the two hoses has a tendancy to leak. I have replaced the connector and clamps twice and I still get leaking. Flex hose would be nice.

6. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

I think I bought it new at a yard sale. Its worth whatever it costs at the store though.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>