Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

radiator mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shooter, Mar 21, 2003.

1. shooter

shooter Registered Member

I have an 85 Blazer with a 350. I bought a radiator from LMC trucks and the thing is wider than the original. When I called the company they said that they don't have any tech support on there parts. Can I buy bigger mounts to fit this or should I excange it. Other than being wider it looks the same as the original???

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Not sure what you mean when you say "wider." Do you mean wider, length-wise, as if looking from the front of the truck? Or wider, thicker, as if looking down from above...I assume you mean thicker, if so this probably means you got a 4 row instead of the stock 3 row. If I were you I would get different mounts and keep the big-arse radiator...

3. BigRed89

BigRed89 1/2 ton status

When I switched my radiator to a BBC style radiator, I went to the Chevy dealer and picked up new mounts for a BBC radiator. As for the width of the radiator (from driver side to passenger side) my radiator core support already had threaded holes in it for the wider mounting.