Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator size and mounts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, May 17, 2000.

I have a question that may require some measuring !! I have an 88 Burb with a 3" body lift. I bought it with the body lift on it and the guy that did it , scabbed it together and I just noticed that the bottom of the radiator is not setting in mounts(as in OEM type), he made a somewhat of a fudged up mess that I am wondering why he did that. I think he swapped in a different radiator and it is not big enough to fit in the stock mounts. When I did my 88 k-5 a few years back I didn't touch the radiator when I did the body lift, so I am confused as to why or what he did it for. The top of the radiator is 2" to 3" below the stock mounts, but has homemade/fabbed rubber pieces stuck in there to keep it in place. I want it back to the stock set-up, cuz it looks like hell and may need a bigger radiator. Please someone measure there radiator for me from top to bottom and side(tank) to side(tank)and maybe a description or pic of the bottom mounts(I can't remember what they are suppose to look like.

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

1. 19" x 33" sound about right?

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

You help us so much, and now nobody even reads this post. Shame on all[​IMG].

I'll measure mine tomorrow. Don't know if there's a difference between a Blazer and Burb radiators, though. I also have the part number for the Be-Cool all aluminum radiator if you want. I'll look it up tomorrow too.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

3. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

I read it BB. I just didn't have my rig with me at work today 'cause my radiator blew out on the way home from work last night.I ordered a new one from NAPA this morning and it's supposed to be here tomorrow morning so I'll measure it and post.By the way I got the BIG Bad Boy one just in case.(can you say "Future BIG BLOCK"?)$219.88,including a quart of power steering fluid for my 59'.

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

4. Thanks, they are the same size at least on the newer ones !! Mine has those plastic resevoirs and is tiny as hell, if it is the original. The aluminum one would be nice, but the money isn't there. I am still saving to put in a tranny (#2 this year)

5. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

on mine I really dont know how big it is, my truck was overheating too much so I just bought a 4 core radiator from a friend he said it came out of a 3/4 ton pick up truck, I dont have a fan shroud and the mounts didn't fit, all I was worried about were the tranny lines they did fit perfectly, as far as the fan shroud I still dont have any but the truck doesn't overheat at all, I just sat the radiator on top of the mounts and tied it with some wires so it wont fall off it's working great, and I only paid $40 for the radiator eventhough the mounts didn't fit the set up doesn't look like crap so I'm happy with it good luck with yours BB.

LOVE MY GREEN GIANT!!!

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

My factory one from my 79 (factory 400 SB) is apx 34 x 21 and is a 4 row.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

7. mine is 19 x 33 so it it close and may actually be the original. Now I need the mounts for the top and bottom to get it back to stock.

8. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

it sits on the cross member with rubber feet and is held at top by the shroud and more rubber feet the reason for the problem you have is the fan is too low and will hit on the lower mount and shroud most people change over to electric fans

9. CBLAZER81

CBLAZER81 1/2 ton status

BB,I apologize for not posting the measurements.I went to install the new radiator today and it was too big,so between being pissed and fabbing up the new mounts I totally spaced it.If you still want more measurements I'll do it tomorrow.

<font color=red>Wanna'keep wheelin? Get involved!
    Check the "Land Use" section of this board.</font color=red>

10. The lower portion of the radiator sits on the bottom of the support on an 88(not the crossmember). I need the bottom two mounts and rubber feet, and the top mounts and rubber pieces too. Anyone have these parts?

11. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Harv

Check the LMC catalogue; it shows diagrams and part no.'s I'm at work but will check for you tonight and post if no one does before.

Brian

12. Thanks, I am just trying to figure out if mine is original or what!! And then I need to get the mounts for it !!

13. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

OK, mine is 33x20x4 inches. It is mounted on 3/4"x5" approx. rubber mounts. I can only see one side on mine. The other side is too dirty.

The BeCool aluminum radiator part number is: 62013. It sells for $541.69 at summit[​IMG]

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

14. That is basically the size of mine, except it it very thin and aluminum. Looks like it would fit a S-10 or something. I am gonna put in a 4 core after I get the tranny fixed. Thanks for all of the help !!