Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radiator

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shooter, Feb 3, 2003.

1. shooter

shooter Registered Member

I have an 85 Blazer with a 350 Auto, I sent for a new Radiator from LMC Truck. The one I got has 4rows for better cooling. But the mounts are too small and LMC Truck has no tecknical support. Should i exchange it or can I buy bigger supports? everything else looks about the same.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Is it wider or is it taller, or just thicker?

LMC will probably hit you for shipping if you decide to return it. Might as well hit the boneyards and try to find the right brackets first.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if you arent picky then you can modify the cushions and brackets of the 81-87 style to use a 4 core like i did to my 81 when i put in the 4 core recently

i cut down thickness of the ends of the cushions and opened up ends of the brackets and bent up the metal so tanks would be free to extend past, did this to the 82 k10 also to get 4 core in it, been like that for two years with no problem, mine no problem either

exchanging radiator will get you nowhere unless you mean go back to three core, all four core are same thickness tanks, wider than 2 and 3 cores, as 2 and 3 cores share tanks and frames and not with 4 core tanks and frames

and GM is of zero help, according to them all 81-87 are all same brackets 10-30 series even diesel, they are lost or dont know how to look up parts or something, i gave up on GM

good luck