Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

radiators, cooling, internal tranny lines, stock location & shroud

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Mar 10, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OK I'm looking for a radiator to replace the one in my 87 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif . It needs to have the internal tranny cooler with the lines in the stock location, I want something I can basically bolt it, but have a little better performance than the stocker.
    Also is the condenser for the AC built into the radiator or is it separate and in front of the radiator? It has the tow package (which I'm guessing is the just the tranny cooler) and AC.

Know any places that have like a four core replacement radiator, or maybe aluminum? One that has the tranny lines on the passengers side and maybe even lines on the drivers side to route a power steering cooler? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

The condenser is seperate from radiator. There should be better radiators listed at most places for any of our years. I have the factory tow package too with the large radiator and rarely see 200 degrees with the a/c on in AZ (185 tstat). 4 Core should do it for you. Run the stock shroud and clutch fan for savings, just dont gun it through water crossings. Autozone or other stores offers a hayden or flex alite cooler for tranny thats about 12x12 and 3/4 inches thick, fits perfect on pass side of radiator. I ran my trans cooler lines through larger hose as a sleeve as it passes through core support, prevents abrasions. Wish ya luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I would say a new 3 core would be PLENTY for a 350 with A/C. I have a 406 and my new 3 core can't quite keep up with the simease cylinders on a warm day with the A/C running or pulling really hard. If you are interested I will sell you my new 3 core to you if you wan't it. It will bolt directly in with the tranny cooler and is about 6 months old. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif