Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Radio speaker location??

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Huck, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Huck

Huck Newbie

My recent 71 Jimmy purchase did not include a radio. Can find an original pretty easy but with no holes in the dash for a speaker---where did/does the factory or /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif iginal speaker go in the Jimmy/Blazers?

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

Most had the speaker in the dash. There were some that had a box mounted below the vent or A/C controls in which the speaker was located.

3. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Mine is on top of the dash and I know LMC sells a dual speaker that fits in the stock location so you can have stereo instead of mono. I am planning on speaker boxes in the back. I have even considered speakers up near the roll bar like some heeps /forums/images/icons/mad.gif have.

4. Huck

Huck Newbie

Am I to understand that the Jimmy/Blazers came with two different dash designs----1 built for a radio with speaker located just like the trucks and one with a smooth dash surface for a non-radio vehicle?? Seems strange.

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

This has been talked about in the pasted most blazers did not have the opening in the center of the dash, most had the OEM speker under the dash below the heater controles. From what Steve C and I have found at the end of the run of the 1st gen truck dashes wre used, as they may have been used when the blazer dash was not on hand. And yes the blazer did have a difrent dash, No opening in the center and drane holes on the sides

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My Blazer has some 6x9 (read: LARGE) holes cut into the bottoms of the doors curtisy of the previous owner /forums/images/icons/confused.gif