Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

radius arm set up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supermanmudracing, Nov 27, 2005.

1. supermanmudracing

supermanmudracing Registered Member

im building a radius arm set up for a 1996 s-10 can anyone help me on how i should measure for the link bars

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

More info is needed.

Radius arms + trac-bar ala Early Bronco's?

Application/intended use?

3. supermanmudracing

supermanmudracing Registered Member

radius arm set up like early fords with pan bar. i use this truck to mud race.i have a 555 ci bbc in its stock location, im going to stretch the front end 12" past #1 plug and i was wanting a good arm length,not to short or not to long.truck can be viewed at www.webshots.com,click on community, then find a member, type in chaderic

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I would set the radius arm length so that the front driveshaft has the least amount of plunge as possible. This will cut down on suspension binding under power.
    Look at how the Range Rovers and FJ-80's attach their front radius arms, far superior to the Ford design and much easier to fab.

Ideally the trac-bar and the drag link will be the same length. They will also be parallel as veiwed from the front and from the top with the vehicle at ride height and with the steering pointed straight ahead.
    If they can't be the same length then you need to set them up so that the arc of each closely matches the other within the normal range of motion. Which means they won't be parallel as viewed from the front.