Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ragdoll cat

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 7, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Anyone have a Ragdoll cat ? I'm thinking of getting one and wanted opinions from anyone that has one.

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Get one of these instead... [​IMG]

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I would rather have simply a Siamese instead of a Ragdoll. I do like Ragdolls, but i think Siamese cats are the coolest in the world. If it's a big cat you want, I'd suggest a Maine Coon (the 2nd coolest cats on Earth). Ragdolls are good cats too, though, and all the ones I've dealt with have had great personalities.

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

You couldn't pay me to live with a Siamese. Those things are born cranky and just get mean when they're old.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Are you going to enter it in cat shows? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Those cat show people are the strangest people on the planet. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font>

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No cat shows, just looking for a loving house cat. I either want a Ragdoll cat, or a Siamese. I grew up with Siamese, and they were always loving cats, but they are talkative. I currently have one cat that won't shut up !!! Pisses ya off when you just fall asleep and the cat starts meowing and wakes you back up. I'd kinda like to get a male and a female Ragdoll from different bloodlines and breed them. Kittens sell for $350.00 on up, and there is no breeders for them in SD. I do like cats, and it'd be nice too make a few bucks. But mostly just want a house pet.

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

My in-laws have a Maine Coon and he is the worst damn cat I have ever seen. He is friggin huge, but pees everywhere and destroys everything. My father-in-law build hima huge cage in the backyard because they declawed him and can't let him roam outside anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Don't need anything like that. Besides, my girlfriend would think I'm cheating. But if you want one, more power to you. I think I have a old bicycle tire patch kit I could send you if you need it.

9. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Ragdolls have great personalities - couldn't go wrong with one. Sometimes they get a little matted during shedding season, otherwise easy care.

10. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I hate cats.

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Don't need anything like that. Besides, my girlfriend would think I'm cheating. But if you want one, more power to you. I think I have a old bicycle tire patch kit I could send you if you need it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do thoes work?

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

We have a Maine Coon and he is just a big lovable slob...not a mean bone in his body. He is so laid back it's like he isn't a cat. He does like to sleep on the hood of the car, but he's never scratched the paint.

Unlike every other cat we've had he's good at catching and killing rats, moles and mice..won't eat them though.

He is probably the most affectionate cat we've had too, but he has his favorite people.

He is 11 now and when he goes we'll probably get another Maine Coon.

Rene

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i dont see why ne one would ever want a cat. i just dont get it. i cant stand them. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif dogs are so much better.

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's just a preference. Cat's are a lot less work, if the cat comes by for a bit of affection I don't smell like cat when he leaves. I don't need to walk the cat etc etc. I don't have time or room for a dog.

Rene

15. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

so you are kinda thinkin of being a cat pimp /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Dogs have owners.
    Cats have staff. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No cat shows, just looking for a loving house cat. I either want a Ragdoll cat, or a Siamese. I grew up with Siamese, and they were always loving cats, but they are talkative. I currently have one cat that won't shut up !!! Pisses ya off when you just fall asleep and the cat starts meowing and wakes you back up. I'd kinda like to get a male and a female Ragdoll from different bloodlines and breed them. Kittens sell for $350.00 on up, and there is no breeders for them in SD. I do like cats, and it'd be nice too make a few bucks. But mostly just want a house pet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you thought of looking at an animal shelter or rescue organization? You will spend less $$$ and will likely end up with a very nice pet if you take your time and hunt around. You may even find a purebred cat in a shelter. Why buy a purebred kitten, when there are literally thousands upon thousands of unwanted animals just waiting for someone to take them home and love them? I've adopted 2 dogs from the pound and I think animals that land in shelters for whatever reason have a certain "understanding" when they get adopted. Just my $.02. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    so you are kinda thinkin of being a cat pimp /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I guess you could say that, LOL. Just a passing thought on getting both a male and female for breeding. I really just want another cat. Kittens are so fun to have around the house, haven't had a kitten for 10 years now. I love to watch them playing, running, ...ect. I live in a trailer court that doesn't alowe dogs, and I've always liked cats anyways. We have 2 cats as it is, but the balck one is getting old, and may not be around much longer. (She's over 20) and the orange will be lost without her. So I'm thinking a kitten now would be a good thing. Then he'll have a companion after the older cat dies. I try too take good care of my animals, make sure they never go hungry, and give them pleanty of attention.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Do thoes work?

[/ QUOTE ] Couldn't tell you, never tried one. It's gotta be the real thang for me.

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

The only good cats are the ones that meet my big dawg face to face /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif