Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rain Gutters

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stkcode, Mar 5, 2007.

1. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

With the really high winds we had here last week, something hit the driver's side rain gutter (gutter above the door) on my 91 burb...pretty much trashing the gutter :mad: At any rate, I got a replacement, but when I removed the old one, theirs some kind of gasket material with some glue or some kind of double sided tape between the body and the rail mounting flange. I had to use a screw driver the wedge the rail off after removing the screws.

An ideas as to what this material is :confused: ?

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Could be 3M "VHB" which is a double sided tape used for all sorts of stuff. Like mounting the side panels of those really spendy pusher RV's, and in machining thin sheetmetal parts. My local machine shop supply house carries it.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i bet if its real sticky and like 1/2 dry caulk its body seam sealer. any body shop supply house has it. but it would be cheeper to go to a body shop and ask for the little bit you need to install that.

4. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

Thanks for the responces...looks a lot like doubled sided tape. Ironically, LMC lists replacement gutters, but shows nothing put between the gutter and the body.