Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

raining in ga

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4k20, Sep 14, 2002.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

finally after over 8 weeks we are getting some rain just got a chance to take my 84 k5 that i bought a couple months ago for 600 out to see what it will do it done pretty good to just be running on 7 cylinders and 32 tires only problem i had the battery fliped over and knocked a transmission line loose

2. georgiared84

georgiared84 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I was out enjoying the mud today. The only problem was, I had my top off when it started. That's ok it's been soaked before. My daughter and I really enjoyed the mud out on the trails today though. It's been too easy lately with nothing but dry dirt.

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i had my top off too i took out all the carpet and put in a roll on bedliner all thru the inside my old 84 is just junk so i wasnt worried about it but at least i got my moneys worth out of it this evening playing in the mud i let my 3 sons and a freind have all the fun in the mud that they could stand thats what it all about but i can say one thing that the damn old blazer is tough it took all them boys and my old ass could give it

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Well take a ride South and take some of our rain! ALL our trails are under water! Not that thats a BAD thing. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

hey we wouldnt be scared too its been awhile since we seen some reason to get down and dirty and wet /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

If yall are up for a road trip, take a look here /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Also take a look at my pics, in the Labor Day album, I have a few (bad) pics of some of the trails we were on. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Well hell I was kind of getting use to not having to mow the lawn /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
    Need the rain but bad timming for me. I need to swap carbs today and install a Miler Marker Shaft replacement part time kit. Truck doesn't fit in the garage anymore. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    Hmmm I'll have to go drive down to Colums drive (rich people street, million dollar homes on the hooch in a flood plane LOL) go make a few bucks dragging Beemers and Benzo's out of the drink. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. georgiared84

There's a trail that follows sweetwater creek near my house. We followed that for a few miles, and got stuck in one mud puddle until I realized it had popped out of 4high. Put it back in and punched it and sent some nice rooster tails up. It did get us out (always does). I'm running an 84 too. It's also my daily driver to work and has never let me down. I've been thinking about putting in a rubber liner, but the carpet is still in good shape, so I haven't had the heart to take it out yet. It is a little more aromatic this weekend after getting soaked, but a few hot dry days and some febreze will take care of that. Ahh that old car smell.

9. Grim-Reaper

Are you talking about Sweetwater trail off of hwy 20 and the Bartow/Cherokee line where it goes down to the lake?

10. georgiared84

No, I'm in Cobb/ Douglas county. I think there are at least 3 sweetwater creeks in GA.I know about the one your speaking of, and then there is one East of Fargo near the Okeefenokee, and this one.It crosses under Interstate 20 5 mileswest of Atlanta. The first half mile is some kind of utility road, then it gets fun. They gated off the south end of it, so I imagine my time playing on that trail is limited. Oh well, I'll just look confused and say "What, private property, I'm lost, I forgot to take my pills, I must have blacked out, ettc..." I am trying to find some more decent trails in GA.

11. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

I hear about the private land issue...still tryin to find stuff in macon. how far are ya'll from macon? ya'll should have been down by columbus this weekend...the rain we got to down this way was insane /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I know the one he is talking about. Its down by all the car dealers. I thought that's where we were going for last year's Anniversery Run, I was thinking "Who wants to camp on I-20? I know its Camp Creek Rd, but come on" Then I realized where we were really going.

13. georgiared84

I'm about two hours north. Just a little west of Atlanta.

14. Grim-Reaper

Ohh I think I know where your talking about. It use to have an enterance through an industrial park a long time ago but the land got broke up and you can't get through on that end aymore. I think you use to go in through that park that has thos huge pipes in that weild looking pyrimid deal where Monarch Foods warhouse is. Last time I ran through there was about 90 when I had my Isuzu Trooper.

15. georgiared84

That's it. They gated up the south end (The fun part) Now the only place you can go is under the highway and North along the creek for a little ways behind the Hospital.They've got a whole new set of buildings there now, so there's not much space left. I live about two miles from there. Now all my good spots are taken. I need to move farther west!!!! Like Alabama. Atlanta's urban sprawl is a little to rampant.

16. Grim-Reaper

Nothing west unless you go far west. North is where it's at. Legal trails in Ellijay, Between Ellijay and and Dawson up behind Amicola falls. Also trails in Blairsville. Then Tellico west of Murphy NC.