Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Raised Steering arm D60

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, Jan 15, 2005.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

I went to 4wheel parts today and got a 3 inch raised steering block went to install it and having problems.
    The kit comes with Block, 4 studs and a steering block cylinder ( but no block cylinder in the box) so I called them and they have to call the manufacter on monday to get more info.

So I was wondering if you have ever installed one is there suppost to be a block cylinder?

I would have to say yes because when you remove the top plate there is the spring assembly then your supost to install the spring assembly then install this cylinder I guss to hold the spring assembly down. then install the top plate and reinstall the drag link.

Let me know if I'm right or did I miss the boat some where.

Bo

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i kinda got confused, so i'll tell u what came when i got mine.

a 3" blk that is rectangular shape & has a round hole in center. a round peg to fit in the hole in the block, & the studs. the "peg" is to hold the kingpin spring down on the kingpin bushing.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yes you need the cylinder and it holds down the spring. It makes up the extra space between the steering arm cup(where the spring normally is) and the spring. Its crucial. Your mistake I must say was going to 4 Wheel Parts for anything.

4. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. I thought there was somthing missing hope to get all the right parts next week:cool1:

I know I know I should never go to 4wheel parts. I thought this would be real easy for them to get right:mad: Oh well what can you do now

thanks agine guys for the info:laugh:

5. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Bo,

How much was that kit? I've been wanting to get one as well. Especially since I plan to have my rig together this summer:D

6. TravisO

TravisO 1/2 ton status

Ditto