Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

raised steering arm or?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rubbinz raczn, Jan 22, 2005.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

just a question. i dropped my 67 gmc back down to 4 inch lift. gonna be the tow rig,thanks timmay:D truck has 3/4 ton axles. the front wearable suspension parts have about 500 miles on them except the draglink has more. it currently has a raised steering arm, but wanders a bit. i plan on replacing draglink, question is what works best for a non trail driven daily driver? a raised steering arm. a drop pitman arm. or a drop draglink? this truck may see light offroad travel but not much. max tire size 35 inch. thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I ran a raised steering arm on my K5 for a little while till I got crossover. It had 4" lift and 35's. I noticed more bump steer then when I had 2.5" lift and stock arm, but I got used to it real quick and never noticed it after about 2-3 days.

Harley

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I would use a factory steering arm and a dropped pitman arm. Never use a dropped draglink, they suck.

Can Tim get lift kits for 67 and 68 trucks? What brand?

4. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

i still have the stock arm maybe it's worth a try. i was thanking tim for talking me out of using the 67 as a trail rig! i'm sure he can get a kit that would work. my frame is a 71 and the lift kit is a tuff country. i have the 4 inch hd front springs, rear are 2nd gen 52" long 4" ez ride but i have 2nd gen rear spring hangers so i gained 2 " lift from those. i recomend tuff country i have had 4 sets and never any problems. :D