Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Raised switch panel

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Its kinda hard to see cause its painted black, but I took the panel right under the steering column and flared it out perpendicular to the floor so I'd have a flat surface to mount 3 switches too. Only have 1 switch in now tho /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Isn't that spot a little hard to access going down the road? I was thinking of putting my switches there but now am planning on putting them on my console with one of the painless fuse blocks to run my accessories. Still need to find someone to make the panel for me but will eventually.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Well having a bench seat in the burb makes it very impossible for me to put a panel in the console since there is none. As far as hard to access, not really, just have to reach down. And as for what the switches are going to control(front lights, rear lights and OBA)they are not going to be access all the time.

4. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Very good work. Since I dont smoke, I fabricated a panel where the ashtray goes. Using the small KC switches the aux light switches are hidden away when not needed.

Remember- little wheeling to do, lots of cruising and hauling family to beach.
    /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif
    Fred

5. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Here is what I did for mine

[​IMG]