Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Raleigh NC Trails?

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Blaze, Aug 28, 2000.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Does anybody know of any good trails in the Raleigh, NC area? I've found some good ones over at Centennial Campus at NC State, but want to find some more. I don't want to break anything because I'm selling my truck and don't want to kill it. Let me know if anyone knows anything.

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well dude, you are in luck I live in Raleigh too! I think we are the only 2 people on here that do. I don't even have a license yet (hopefully getting it oct. 1). I have been using AOL's member directory to find people in Raleigh that 4 Wheel, I have found a few here are the trails they have told me about keep in mind this is all I know about these trails I haven't been to any of them, some of them I am not 100% sure where they are. This is all the people told me. Good Luck! Let me know what they are like and more detailed directions if you go to any of them.
    1. Over by the LanRover dealership in Cary there is a big place beside/behind it, they did close it off but one guy said he cut the cable they put up down.
    2. Place down by regency.
    3. Walmart on Tryon in Cary there is a trail off the power lines
    4. devils ridge in Apex it is a swamp.
    5. off of new hope rd. in between 64 and poole rd.

Dawson
    88 K5

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey bud. I've gotta check them out. I've got a serious rust problem on my truck, so I'm not going 4-wheeling in it any time soon. I'm buying a 79 Bronco soon (I know, it's not a Blazer, but it is FAST!!!!)so I'll be able to go in that one till my truck is fixed. I'm going to turn my Blazer into a off-roader. Hope no one disowns me over my Bronco ownership!!

4. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Well I remembered this post and found a really good place the other day. It is out New Hope Road. You go out and pass a big hill on the right, the dump and on the left is the yard waste place, you can't miss it b/c of the smell, keep going, you will go over an over pass and right after that you turn off the road right and there is a big place over there to go. It is pretty cool. Addiose!

Dawson
    88 K5

5. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Is that place down by Regency any good? I took my Pathfinder down there the other day, but I was headed for a hockey game and didn't have the time to check it out. You are talking about the second road after Lucent where the road comes to a dead end, right? I was down there the other day street racing my Monte Carlo and a friend of mine told me that those were the 4x4 trails. I loaned my dad my Blaze because of all the snow in his area, but I'm going to check it out as soon as I get it back.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

6. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

I haven't ever been down the the place near Regency, where is regency? (I am 16 and don't do street names, I do, take a left and the mc. donalds, right @ the burgerking) let me know whats down there. Thanks!

Dawson
    88 K5

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Regency is that parkway over by Cary Crossroads. I'll let you know once I get out there. I can't really give you good directions till I can drive there myself and check out the landmarks.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

8. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

hey man i live in northwestern NC and i found a national park in a place called Badin, its just outside of Albermarle, and there are about 10 trails there that range from easy for stock vehicles to difficult ....email me , i got a map of the trails that i got of a website......

9. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey, I thought Abermarle was on the coast? How far are these trails away from Rocky Mount, NC?

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>

10. achuskies69

achuskies69 1/2 ton status

that town, Badin, is about 40 miles Northeast of Charlotte, and i got the map that shows the trails, so email me and let me know if u want it...