Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ralley Rims

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pauly383, Jan 30, 2004.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have my Ralley's off the truck and a temporary set of white wagon spokes on there now. Would like to paint them before I put them and some new tires on the truck ( gathering lift parts now ). Is the silverish color on 4wd Ralley's the same Argent color as on Corvette rims? Or should I paint them one of my body colors? My truck is tan top/white bottom.
    Bored Today at work,
    Paul /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Very few wheels look good body color IMO, and if they are body color, they need splashes of silver or chrome to set the wheels off. That's my opinion only of course, but I've noticed that on most vehicles...silver or chrome just sets off the wheels for some reason.

Anyways, it shoud be the same Argent. Doubt there are different shades, and argent should be the one.

3. pauly383

Thanks! Should be able to finish (like we ever finish) my truck off soon. I'll post a pic after the lift and tire/rims.
    Paul /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. btolenti

btolenti 1/2 ton status

Well, even if he painted the rallyes a body color, the caps and trim rings would still be chrome....should look great!

5. pauly383

You know we have much in common. After staring at my rally rims sitting in my garage , and pics of my truck 3 years ago when I got it and had 32's , I have decided to just stay with my rallys silver with the chrome rings and caps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif