Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Rally stripes on 87 Blazer 1500 & rust hole

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anthony stark, Mar 23, 2005.

1. anthony stark

anthony stark Registered Member

I'm getting my truck painted it's solid black with a white soft top, raised white letter tires 33X12.5 BFG's and has a cowl induction hood with a sun roof. Paying 3K and getting a quality job. My question is should I get two rally stripes painted down the center of the truck. How wide should they be and how should they be seperated also should they be painted ($500) or should stickers be used after it's painted ($200). If I use stickers I can get the solid stripe with a parallel pin stripe. It had a rust hole on the bed approx. 1.5inches in diameter. I wanted a piece of metal to be welded to fill this hole but they used fiberglass. Is there any problem with the way they repaired this rust hole?

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would have had them patch it with metal, especially if you actually use your bed for anything other than asthetics. Fiberglass has no weight resistance to it at all for bed use.

As for the stripes, have them painted on. I have seen too many stickers fade or peel away. Have the stripes run left and right of center about 6 inches. Then have the stripes about 10 or 11 inches wide.

3. anthony stark

bumping this - I need to know if rally stripes would look good on this rig.

4. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

let's see the rig....

not to hijack, but my truck has a ram air cowl on it, but is uncut at the present time, so it's just there for looks and heavy drag on the freeway... I estimate a loss of 1-2mpg because of the drag this thing causes... it literally can lift the hood a half inch of so...

I'm considering either turning it around so it is a cowl hood, or taking it off entirely. It looks awesome, but I could do without it.

on your paint/sticker thing.... a single offset stripe is the way to go... like the 69 camaro... Paint the truck white, orange stripe.

5. anthony stark

bumping for the last time. only two hours to go before I have to make a decision. stripes or no stripes? thanks

6. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Personally, I only like rally stripes on trucks/cars that are low to the ground. If you do get them, I'd go pretty thick with a good distance between them, since the truck is so big, and you don't want it to look like you put rice burner stripes on a truck. Too bad no one else has chimed in with opinions, but it's all personal preference anyway, so you should do whatever you think you'd be most happy with, of course. Oh, and I'd get them painted on, unless your still wishy washy and might pull them off next week. IMO they look way more professional painted.

7. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i agree w/ mini mull,IMO rally stripes look best on a lowered/sporty vehicle.if u decide to go with them, i'd get them painted on for sure. probly about 10" wide would look good, with about 1ft between them,centered.

8. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

i say get them, 7 inch from center and about 11 inches wide

LUKE